STRIVING FOR FOOD SECURITY IN ARIZONA
The Fourth Annual Arizona Food Summit brings together farmers, local food producers, agriculture professionals, and food systems leaders and stakeholders to discuss the future of food security and nutrition in Arizona, particularly as we emerge from the pandemic and work toward developing the next steps in our action plan to create a healthy food system for all to enjoy.
Hear from national, state, and local leaders across all sectors working toward creating concrete solutions for these very important issues. Add your voice to the discussion as we strive to meet Arizona’s food security and nutrition challenges.
The 2022 Arizona Food Summit is a two-day conference taking place on March 23-24, 2022 at Arizona State University Sun Devil Stadium, San Tan Room.
Attendees can choose whether to attend both days in-person or virtually.
Wednesday, March 23Â | 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Special Community Food Reception to follow from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Thursday, March 24Â | 7:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Virtual registration includes live streaming and virtual access to the conference and sessions on both days.
(Please reach out to [email@example.com] if you are in need of financial support to attend the conference.)
Who Should Attend:
- Farmers, ranchers, and food producers
- Civic Leaders interested in engaging with local food leaders & local business owners
- Industry professionals with the desire to engage with the local food community
- Farmers Market Managers & Food Distributors
- SNAP-Ed and Food Access Advocates
- Nutritionists and health educators
- Farm to school advocates
- Youth and students focused on local food systems work and local agriculture
- Any community member dedicated to community food systems
What to Expect:
The Arizona Food Summit is a two-day conference that features presentations, breakout sessions, local food discussions, and networking opportunities. On Wednesday afternoon, join us for the Special Community Food Reception Event that will showcase Indigenous and Arizonaâ€™s diverse local food and drinks created by up-and-coming Arizona food businesses.
Featured speakers and presenters include:
- Secretary Tom Vilsack, US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Director Mark Killian, Arizona Department of Agriculture (AZDA)
- Dr. Kathleen Merrigan, ASU Swette Center for Sustainable Food Systems
- Under SecretaryÂ Xochitl Torres Small, USDA Rural Development
- Dr. Sara Bleich, USDA Food and Nutrition Service
- Kim Russell, Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care
- Angie Rodgers, Arizona Food Bank Network
Session highlights and topics also include:
- Local Food Purchase Assistance (LFPA) workshop on how to participate
- An Introduction to Arizona’s First Statewide Food Action Plan
- Bridging the Gap Between Arizona’s Multigenerational Farmers
- The Power of Partnership in Advancing Farm to School in Arizona
- The Foods of Our Ancestors: Revitalization of Traditional Crops and Agricultural Methods
- Growing the Local Food Movement Through Strategic Partnerships and Policy
- Food Security Through Collaboration â€“ Rural Examples
- Arizona Food System Success Stories â€“ Nutrition & Healthy Local Food
THANK YOU TO OUR 2022 AZ FOOD SUMMIT SPONSORS:
In-person registration fee includes admission for both days, parking, coffee and tea during registration each day, lunch during a speaker presentation on Day One, and entrance into the Special Community Food Reception event from 5-6pm on Wednesday. When the conference ends at 1:30PM on Day Two, attendees are invited to continue networking at a nearby restaurant that features local, delicious, and nutritious food.