Arizona VOAD currently has the following committees
These committees are not tied to a particular disaster but instead focus on their subject matter throughout the year to create guidance documents, best practices, and other resources for the VOAD membership and the general public. You can find some of those resources here.
The membership committee focuses on engagement and expansion of the membership of Arizona VOAD. Our purpose is to support AZ VOAD with new member recruitment, current member retention, engagement strategies, and maintaining processes for member onboarding.
- Â Twyla Macrum (Chair) – Valley of the Sun United Way
- Â Sybil Smith – Northern AZ VOAD/United Way of Northern Arizona
- Â Nicole Kanne – Salvation Army
- Â Patty Kirchner – Arizona Southern Baptist Disaster Response
- Â Shelby Graves – Solari
The Arizona Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster communications committee supports information sharing among stakeholders by developing policies, procedures, tools and strategies to enhance internal and external communications and thereby support the mission of National VOAD. Â Our current activities include:
- Updating and maintaining the website.Â Proposed changes have been approved by the board and we are now in the phase of creating content, editing content and making changes.
- Growing social media engagement through increased followers and engagement.Â Have you liked our Facebook or Twitter pages?
- Listening and learning to how we can better serve our members.
We meet monthly through video conferencing.
- Laurel Way (Chair) – The Episcopal Diocese of Arizona
- Jana Smith – Phoenix Toolbank
- DeWitt Kavanagh – Foundation for Senior Living
- Ashley Bevier – American Red Cross
Currently our Exercise and Training Committee is undergoing redevelopment. Â When encourage our members and their staff/volunteers to check our AZVOAD calendar for upcoming training and exercise opportunities. Â Details for training registrations will be included on the calendar post.
The faith-based organizations committee coordinates the efforts of the AZ VOAD faith community members.
- Ed Spence (Chair) – Presbyterian Disaster Assistance National Response Team
- John Schachinger/Charlene Sargent – Adventist Community Services
- Patty Kirchner – Arizona Southern Baptist Disaster Relief
- Karen Walters – Brethren Disaster Ministries
- John Phelps/Steve Marr – Christian Emergency Network
- Doug Eckert/Kern Tavasci -Â Foursquare Disaster Relief
- Anders Hitchcock/Bart Goodwin – International Fellowship of Chaplains
- Alexis Rouches/Jacob Saylor – International Orthodox Christian Charities
- Syed Hussaini/Araif Yusuff – Islamic Relief USA
- Doug Cook/Nick Marfe – Knights of Columbus
- Jon Sherman – LDS Charities
- Robert Sanders – Lutheran Social Services
- Kim Shantz/Michele WhiteEagle – Mennonite Disaster Service
- Phil Shea – Southwest Conference United Church of Christ
- Jo Robinson/Polly Turner – UMCOR
The Mass Care Committee is comprised of Arizonaâ€™s leading voluntary agencies in the provision of shelter, feeding, bulk distribution of relief supplies and related services during disasters. Our purpose is to pursue avenues for joint action and planning among these and other willing partners to communicate, coordinate, cooperate and collaborate. It is our intention to speed the provision of critical services to those affected by disaster and reduce the duplication of efforts so that the greatest use can be made of limited resources during crisis.
- Â Tom Batson (Chair) – American Red Cross
- Â Pat Simmons – American Red Cross
- Â Alicia Shields (Chair) – Team Rubicon
- Â Emily Hawbaker – Red Cross
The EOC Liaisons support representing the AZ VOAD when the State Emergency Operation Center is activated. This team is trained to navigate systems utilized in activation, communicate key needs to members and navigate requests for support. This team also supports in statewide exercises and ensuring our activation protocols are current and ready at all times.
- Todd Byard, (Chair) – HandOn Greater Phoenix
- April Bradham – AZ Food Bank Network
- Ed Spence – Presbyterian Disaster Assistance National Response Team
- Soleil Dolce – Arizona Equine Rescue
- Jon Sherman – LDS Charities
- Marty McHenry – Team Rubicon
- Sybil Smith (Chair) – Northern AZ VOAD/United Way of Northern Arizona
- Twyla Marcrum – Valley of the Sun United Way
- Patty Kirchner – Arizona Southern Baptist Disaster Response
- Nicole Kanne – Salvation Army
Ashley Bevier (Chair)